Sunday, January 21, 2007

To Him Who Sits on the Throne, and Unto the Lamb

I’m sorry to say that I was not able to put together a full post this week. I thought, however, that I would at least set the stage for my first major argument.

I
f I’m going to prove that Christ is worthy of “divine worship”, I first need, of course, to establish the meaning of that term. Only then can I show that it accurately denotes the honor received by the Son. Now, I don’t want to pretend that my non-trinitarian readers are too dull to see that I’m trying to set them up, so I want to be explicit about how I plan to proceed. For my first argument, I intend to focus on chapters 4 and 5 of Revelation: using chapter 4 to establish a working definition of “divine worship” as it applies to God the Father, and then showing from chapter 5 how all of the elements of this definition are fulfilled, and even exceeded, in that activity which is directed toward the Son. So that’s the basic argument: the acts received by the Father in Revelation 4 constitute absolute worship, these same acts, and more, are properly received by Christ in Revelation 5; therefore, Christ rightly receives absolute and divine worship.

So heads up, TJ.

No comments: