Sunday, March 25, 2007

Visitor

Came home from church today to find this fellow catchin' some ZZZ's right beside our front door. Not a good place for the kids to find him.

I began to nudge him gently with a stick to encourage him to find another place to rest.


This appeared to rile him a bit.


With some more encouragement, he crawled up to the top of the window...


...and then copped this whole, "This good enough for ya!?" attitude.

But it wasn't.

After some slightly less gentle prodding, he flew away. Very neat to watch.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I can't believe that this has been up for a whole week and not one person has commented on it. I almost did last week, but I didn't want to be the first one. And now that it's bee a week, I just had to. These are amazing pictures and I commend you again on your courage to get this close to such a ferocious creature. I am extremely glad he hasn decided to not pay me a visit.

Brad said...

I'm sure your brothers would have a blast with a guest like this.

Barbara said...

Ok... ok. I once had a bat in my house. It was hanging on the brick fireplace, and silly me thought it was kinda cute. If I'd had a close-up like these, I might have reconsidered!

The bat, btw, was batted out the front door after many rounds around the room.